Who said skateboards are for junkies? Don’t listen to anyone and have an amazing skateboarding experience with the Best Skateboards. Don’t say why skateboards? If you are new to the world of skateboarding or never tried it then you are missing a great chance to experience the true fun with the help of Skateboards. Skateboards and skateboarding are for the adventurous people who are the fan of extreme sports. Whether you are adult or a teenager and you have not tried it and you want to challenge yourself then you must give a shot to skateboarding. Yes, we are well aware of the fact that this sport is not 100% safe and this fact is applicable to every sport as there are certain risks that go along with skateboarding.
Best skateboard reviews 2019
However, choosing a good skateboard does need an expert advice. If you are a beginner or simply interested in trying skateboarding then yes there are a lot of things that you have to consider. It’s not the price only; you should also check some technical details too. We are here as an expert and we have compiled the best skateboards that you can choose from.
- 1 Best skateboard reviews 2019
- 1.1 1. Penny Classic Complete Skateboard – Best Skateboard to buy in 2018
- 1.2 2. Sector 9 Fractal Complete Skateboard – Best for Beginners
- 1.3 3 Penny Graphic Complete Skateboard – Long Lasting & High Quality Design
- 1.4 4. Razor RipStik Ripster – Best for Small Rides
- 1.5 5. Quest Super Cruier Skateboard – Budget Friendly & Unique Design
- 1.6 6. Skatro – Mini Cruiser Skateboard – Best Budget Friendly Skateboard
- 1.7 7. Rimable Complete 22″ Skateboard – Best For kids
- 1.8 8. Santa Cruz Cmplete 40″ Board – Premium Design & High Quality
- 1.9 9. White Wave Bamboo Longboard – Best for free riding experience.
- 1.10 10. Rimable Drop-through Longboard – Best For Long & Smooth Riding
- 2 SKATEBOARD BUYER’S GUIDE
- 3 RIDER’S HEIGHT & WEIGHT
- 4 PRICE RANGE OF A SKATEBOARD
- 5 Final Verdict:
Why “Atom Electric B.36” and “Dakott 20 MPH Electric Skateboard” are not on the list:Don’t get mad at us as we willingly didn’t considered Atom Electric B.36 and Dakott 20 MPH Electric Skateboard in our list of 10 Best Skateboards available online. The reasons behind it are very simple and we want to share them with the following points 1. The Cost –Yes its first and biggest factor as they are available at a very high price. The beginners can look for the other options which are mentioned in my list and can save some bucks to buy some accessories. 2. Electric Skateboards- we know technology has made an important change in our lives but classic skateboard experience is the best when we compare it with the latest technology equipped Skateboards. We are not saying these skateboards are not good enough to be considered but the thing is we should be 100% clear about the recommendations. In future by collecting and analyzing the reviews and the performance we may or may be not considering it. -==-
1. Penny Classic Complete Skateboard – Best Skateboard to buy in 2018The Penny complete skateboard is a classic ,unique and fantastic skateboard from the makers who are designing skateboards since 1970’s. It’s classic design and construction gives a retro look and will attract every eye when you are on it. The small and unique design of Penny Classic makes it a perfect cruiser to get you anywhere you need to go. If you are looking for a classy design then the Penny will be a great option. It is available with a lot of variants and hence gives you the opportunity to choose the one you like. It comes in a vintage design and will definitely surprise you with the looks. Chose your destination whether it is going to check the surf, or kicking to school this amazing Classic Complete will get you where you want to go in style. If you are a student and love skateboard too then the small design allows it fit right in your locker.
PARTSThe Penny Skateboard has wheels measuring 59 mm and 22″ long Deck with 3.125″ Penny Trucks. It makes heads turn as you ride across the streets and the feeling is good. This Penny Classic Complete Skateboard features soft wheels perfect for sucking up all those sidewalk cracks and giving you that smooth ride you want.
This skateboard is light and easy to maneuver. If you have tight streets then no problem as it fits well in small platforms like footpath and pavements.
COMPACT SIZE, BETTER RIDINGThe Penny is designed by experts and has a small radius which helps you with quick turns and also to avoid any accident which can ruin your amazing ride. Its compact size allows you to experiment with many riding styles at any speed. It is a perfect skateboard which suits your pocket and also for fun and thrilling experience.
Verdict– Penny is known for its classy and unique design. This Skateboard makes heads turn as you ride across the streets and you can feel the comfort while riding. This one gives old riders fond memories of a high quality and long lasting skateboard. You will definitely love it. Whether you are in school or in college the looks of this amazing skateboard will definitely make you popular among your classmates. This skateboard has everything you will need for an amazing skateboarding experience.
- Strong and long lasting.
- Small and compact design.
- Easy to ride on pavements and footpaths.
- Best for stable and smooth rides.
- Great for all terrains.
- Small Radius.
- Paint at the bottom may chip off.
2. Sector 9 Fractal Complete Skateboard – Best for BeginnersWhat makes the Sector 9 Fractal one of the best skateboards for beginners is the fact that it rides like a longer board but turns like a shorter one. For those people out there who are not aware of the fact that shorter skateboards can typically make tighter turns but longer boards can go faster. The length of the Fractal is great for those looking for a longer wheel-base for cruising, but still want to do tight turns This amazing skate-board has the feel of a long board but produces tighter carves and lines than one would think.
The beauty of the Sector 9 Fractal Complete Skateboard is its ability to combine the best aspects from each design. It is easy going around tight turns on the sidewalk or road on this skateboard while still allowing the long board to accelerate quickly and hit high speeds down hills.Let’s talk about the deck; the deck of the skateboard has a little flex to it but not enough to be that noticeable. It mostly just aids in giving the rider a better feel for the board. As mentioned earlier, the speed wobbles at high speed were nowhere to be found on this board due to the drop through trucks. The skateboard rides on 9″ Gullwing Sidewinder II’s with 69 mm 78A Sector 9 top shelf wheels with PDP Abec 5 bearings and 8 ply maple with CNC drop through mounting has been used. We want to mention few Pros and Cons too.
- Very fast and great for professional, intermediate and beginner level riders.
- Sidewinder trucks -turn very faster than common types of trucks.
- Has a compact design with beautiful graphics.
- Smooth and enjoyable ride experience.
- Versatile and speedy cruising.
- Comfortable and safe to use.
- Highly Maneuverable.
- Unstable at very high speed and it can be risky if you do not wear protective gear.
3 Penny Graphic Complete Skateboard – Long Lasting & High Quality DesignThe “Penny Skateboard” style means a lot of things to a lot of skateboard lovers out here. For some, it is a link to 80s style and skateboarding. To others, it’s a trendy, classy, colorful, simple introduction to skateboarding and fun. Many people consider it as an art form, which is enforced with Pendleton’s amazing graphics getting their own line. The large wheels give decent riding over all bumps and cracks effortlessly. The giant bushings on the trucks are provided for soft, yet sharp turns. And best of all small size and unique design makes this the perfect board to keep by your side. Only the Penny is capable to offer the cruising experience of a longboard in something so small.
The Penny brand and their fabulous skateboards are what brought this style of skateboard back, and it’s very much clear why as soon as you ride one. The special attention is given on detailing of these boards that no other brand can compare with.The bearings which are provided with the board leave a bit to be desired, but are leaps and bounds beyond any other “stock” bearing and the slightly slower bearings almost serve as a safety precaution. The vinyl board itself is really very strong, and despite some rough landings has shown no ware. The Skateboard has a 22″ long Deck and it comes with 3.125″ Penny Trucks. The 59 mm Penny Wheels allows you a great riding experience.
This amazing skateboard is best for both beginners and lovers of skateboarding as it is handy, vibrant and really a good performer at the same time.The Pros and cons should be mentioned here too.
- Easy to ride on pavements and sidewalks.
- Small and compact design.
- Strong and long lasting.
- Stable and smooth rides.
- Paint at the bottom may chip off.
4. Razor RipStik Ripster – Best for Small RidesIf you are a fan of Ripstick skateboards then don’t wait and go for this amazing Razor Ripster. This compact Ripster is a smaller version of the RipStik Classic, with a shorter wheel base ideal for riders with a narrow-er stance or for those who want to do more tricks. We do like to perform some stunts with our skateboards but for a perfect stunt you need a kickass skateboard too. This board will surprise you with the performance you are looking for. We are sure that it is like nothing you’ve ever ridden.
It enables you to perform more tricks with this new light weight design. It comes with inclined caster trucks and pivoting deck which provide a snowboard-like carving ability. Its Unique and awesome design allows acceleration and turning without pushing.
This Lightweight and compact size Razor RipStik Ripster skateboard is best suited to smaller riders. Feel like a pro and do the tricks with this fantastic skateboard.Above mentioned specifications and details are enough to make your mind and that is why we placed it on our list of Best Skateboards.
- Slip-resistant concave deck platforms and high-grade urethane wheels.
- High-tech polymer with removable deck plates.
- Shorter than the original Rip-Stick.
- Rubber padded steel torsion bar.
- Safety equipment such as a helmet is recommended.
5. Quest Super Cruier Skateboard – Budget Friendly & Unique DesignLooking for a value for money Skateboard? Then Quest will serve your thirst. The Quest Super Cruiser Skateboard comes with a lot of features and hence it totally deserves to be on our list of Best Skateboards. The kick nose and tail design on this board are great, this can be a personal preference but sometimes when you can’t turn quick enough it is easy to step on the tail and pivot out of the way.
It also helps to lift the front wheels to get over a big bump without having to get off the board. The 70mm PU wheels on this board are mid-range as far as hardness goes for longboard wheels and are great all around wheels for someone who is a beginner.The wheels will fulfill your expectations as they have great traction due to large contact patch and beveled edges.The bearings are which are available with the Super cruiser is having ABEC 7 ratings. If you are not new to skateboarding you hopefully know that the ABEC ratings mean almost nothing when it comes to skate bearings and is mostly hype, there are many other factors which must be considered while choosing the right bearings and we can talk about it later.
Don’t worry about the ratings as out of the box these bearings perform pretty well, they surely aren’t the fastest, they seem to be lubed with something on the heavier side, providing great protection but maybe sacrificing some of the speed.This 44-Inch artisan bamboo Skateboard is a beauty and comes with Multi-ply Hardwood Maple and beautiful artisan bamboo deck.
- Suitable board for many different riding styles including cruising and carving.
- Doesn’t require any modifications for a smooth ride.
- Beautifully designed longboard.
- Long lasting and durable longboard.
- Kick-tail on the front of the board.
- Value for money.
- A Little heavy- this can be the hassle if you often need to carry it around.
- Not the most flex longboard decks around.
6. Skatro – Mini Cruiser Skateboard – Best Budget Friendly SkateboardIf you are looking for a quality, sturdy, and trendy Skateboards then Skatro is the one who can fulfill your wishes. The Skatro Mini Cruiser Skateboard is really a budget friendly skateboard option as this Cruiser costs half the price you pay for a Penny board. The price is worthy for a well-designed and colorful Skatro skateboard and you will enjoy the feeling of Penny Boards. The wheels provided with the Mini Cruiser are really easy to maneuver and are sleek or well-designed. When you are riding you can feel the comfort as it runs smoothly and it’s very comfortable to use. This one is a total package and best for the daily commuting experience.
This skateboard is very lightweight and hence easy to carry over, thus Skatro is best for beginners who are still learning the basics of skateboarding.All the requirements of skaters Skatro has included in the package, a T-tool to help you. If don’t have some tools you can use to tighten or loosen screws. The Skatro is known for 2 key features that differentiate Skatro from all the other mini cruisers and these are: Skatro Flexy Technology and Skatro Ultimate Abec 7 Bearings. According to the company “during manufacturing, a specialized machine is used to calculate the amount of plastic that is being moulded together. It ensures that every board is getting a pre-determined amount of plastic injection.” And unlike the traditional bearings, the Skatro Ultimate Abec-7 bearings are made from “Bearing Steel”.
According to the experts bearing steel, metal is significantly harder metal than carbon steel which helps reduce friction as the bearings are rotated. This helps you with increasing speed and also smoothens the rotation of the wheels.
- Lightweight aluminum trucks.
- Abec 7 Skatro Bearings.
- Skatro Flexy Technology.
- Value for of the money.
- Includes T-tool.
- Only the color options.
7. Rimable Complete 22″ Skateboard – Best For kidsSkateboarding is fun when you and your friends are on best skateboards available in the market. We are the fan of Attractive and Amazing Pattern Prints on the Board and Rimable’s 22 inch board is available in a variety of colors and designs. They can easily survive your weight as the Maximum weight capacity of the skateboards is 198 pounds. The Durable Material used in its construction makes it a family skateboard. It comes with Solid 3 inches Aluminium Truck, thick 100% Fresh Material Deck and Smooth Bearing along with PU Wheels. All these features provide an easy riding experience.
This Complete package is best suited for beginners, Children, and Parents. Affordable Pricing is the next important thing to consider. It suits your pocket very well and turns your dreams of skateboarding into reality.Going with the reviews available online the customers reviewed that it is a perfect skateboard for beginners and kids. Sharing their experiences they mentioned a smooth and enjoyable riding performance. They also wrote that this skateboard is worth buying, but its performance is superb. They are totally satisfied with this skateboard.
These amazing skateboards boards are a popular fashion accessory for teenagers and young adults, influencing the street culture. They are very common in places usually joined by young people, such school or university campuses and skate parks. These Skateboards are perfect transportation too.
- The wheels are big enough to provide the ride steady.
- ABEC-7 bearing with high-quality urethane cored.
- Lightweight and can be carried anywhere.
- Amazing price with amazing quality.
- A skateboard for all ages.
- Provides smooth riding.
- Trendy and colorful.
- The wheels get nasty quickly and it is not suitable for riding on the stony road.
8. Santa Cruz Cmplete 40″ Board – Premium Design & High QualityNext in the list of Best skateboards is the Santa Cruz Drop Thru Cruzer longboard. This Board is definitely a great longboard regardless of how many years of experience you have had in skateboarding. Santa Cruz, which is a well-known skateboarding brand in the world, delivers what riders want. We are recommending this longboard as it comes with premium quality components that will help you maximize your longboarding experience. If you’re searching for a well-branded and high quality longboard, the Santa Cruz Lion Thru Cruzer is one you must consider. It comes with very high quality Road Rider wheels provide maximum speed and make it ideal for downhill ride.
This longboard offers a great ton of value as all the Santa Cruz manufactured components such as the Road Rider trucks and wheels are great if you were to purchase them separately.This board has a Santa Cruz Metallic Ink Drop Down Longboard Deck which measures in at 10 inches by 40 inches. This longboard offers stability and ease in riding One important thing to note about this board is that all the parts used in this longboard are Santa Cruz parts, which are of best quality. The amazing artwork of Lion makes it an obvious head turner. This is a highly affordable longboard considering its features and specifications.
Do not worry about its weight as it is very lightweight and easily storable plus very portable. The low center of gravity of this longboard ensures maximum stability and easy riding.Build quality of of the board is excellent as the tough Maple laminate deck provides strength to the board and extra grip for rider. Here are the pros and cons of this Santa Cruz board.
- Top-notch Santa Cruz bearings and trucks for maximum performance.
- Low center of gravity for increased stability.
- No speed wobbles even at high speeds.
- Smooth riding experience.
- Great graphic design and great.
- Lightweight board.
- Price can be the only issue.
9. White Wave Bamboo Longboard – Best for free riding experience.This super longboard measures at around 39.5 inch x 9.5 inch inches and utilizes a symmetrical and slight concave shape. This concave design is added to longboards in order to make the tough turns easier and smoother for the rider. The symmetrical shape on the other hand is very helpful as it can assist you when it comes to performing tricks and riding in multiple stances. The Wave Bamboo Longboards features a 9 ply construction on the board which provides a great level of flexibility and durability.
The bamboo layers are combined with Canadian Maple wood for added durability. They also have a clear grip tape and durable heat transferred graphics.The wheels come in at 70mm x 50mm and is made of high rebound urethane material to offer better shock absorbing capabilities. The wheel’s base which is provided with the boards measures at around 32 inches and will add to the boards overall stability when mobile. This white wave longboard uses 7 inch (180 mm) Aluminum trucks with a polished finish and ultra high rebound bushings. This flexible core helps greatly when it comes to riding rough terrain like over cracks and pebbles on the road as it will help maintain stability.
The Wave Longboards use the ABEC 7 bearings which are known to offer faster speed and is an all around tougher and better bearing. In terms of looks, all the Bamboo boards are of same design and style with a glossy plywood look.Only the wheels will be counted as the key separating element as it comes in various colors.
- The mixed construction of Bamboo and Canadian Maple for the deck delivers one of the finest and comfortable experiences in riding.
- The deck and bearings has enough give to it when it comes to riding over rough terrain that it will not actually be a factor or a hindrance.
- Great for beginners but is also a great choice for advanced skaters as well.
- Doing tricks with the White Wave is easy.
- Only one complaint that is the trucks provided seem to be of a lower quality when compared to the longboard as a whole.
10. Rimable Drop-through Longboard – Best For Long & Smooth RidingIf you are looking for a longboard and Rimable Drop-through is on your list then we will recommend “go! And buy it”. The Rimable Drop-Through Long board is the perfect choice for anyone wanting all the benefits of a standard drop through but with a tighter turning radius. We know you love to explore new locations riding on your skateboards and with Drop-through you surely can. Interested in weaving through cones or people? This amazing carver will definitely do the trick for you. It has a low deck height which is suitable for easy pushing.
It comes with 9.5″ wide deck for powering through turns and 70mm PU-wheels for a cadillac smooth ride and low rolling resistance this 41″ Drop-Through Skateboard is definitely a hard-to-beat all-rounder.The Rimable Drop-Through Longboard with Maximum stability makes this a best option for downhilling, while its ease of pushing is best for long distance riding or just kicking around town/campus. The Rimable Drop through is highly durable as the Longboard construction has a laminated maple deck. You will love the every side of this longboard as the design is really attractive and eye-catching. This longboard is designed very scientifically as it allows for safe turnings while riding fast. You can have it for a long time as color does not fade easily and the deck looks new even after long periods of use.
The 9-ply deck material which is used for manufacturing it is strong and firm. The longboard comfortably supports people with heavy weight. The width of the Rimable Drop-through is good to experiment with different cruising styles. This longboard combines good balance with high performance.
- Great for smooth riding.
- Lighter Weight.
- Great for high speeds.
- Easy to handle.
- Attractive design.
- The wheels get quite dirty.
SKATEBOARD BUYER’S GUIDE
We are well aware of the fact the buying Skateboard is not an easy task. Many people love to buy offline and many go with the brands. There is a variety of skateboards available online and comes in all shapes and sizes and, of course, they progress through different skill levels. An expert advice is very important if you are going with a skateboarding shopping first time. But this is not a big issue as we enjoy the online world of internet. We are here to give you some easy tips to make your shopping experience easy and interesting. But for that, you must have a clear idea about your requirements. Have an idea by visiting and observing the university or college campuses, parks are a good choice too. You can observe a lot of cruisers – the type of skate boards and the stunts or tricks they are performing. It will help you to have an idea about the speed and comfort you are looking for. Many skaters do a little of everything. Our skateboarding buyer’s guide will help you in connecting the dots between the type of skater you are or you want to be and the best equipment which are necessary to perform the best you can. If you are a pro then it will be easier for you to improve your skills and bring your skateboarding to the next level. Beginner skateboarders will enjoy the best learning experience of this amazing sport by having the right equipment.
1. GO WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE
Skateboarding has taught me two things – that symbolize a meaning of life. How to keep a balance and how to pick yourself up when you’ve fallen.
Beginner Intermediate Expert
Being a beginner you are new to technical details and you have to learn a lot. We recommend you to go with an affordable complete skateboard, cruiser or longboard. Start learning the basics and the things will be more clear to you with time.
At an intermediate level, you start performing technical moves and tricks very easily. You should start learning new moves and master your skills so that you can go with harder tricks. Here are our recommendations: Give a try to new adjustments with different trucks or wheels and observe the results of your skating experience. Go with expert advice (from your coach or senior) before going with new adjustments.
As an expert skater, you are clear with your requirements. Go with the reviews of other players to have a customized and well-assembled skateboard. You can choose your terrain and it will help you to perform better than others. Our recommendations: Try customizing your perfect set-up right down to the exact hardware, bearings, and grip you demand.
2. SKATING STYLESSkaters love performing tricks and stunts with their skateboards and hence they can be easily divided into groups based on the type of terrain they ride, and the style they use to execute their tricks. Wheels and Trucks of Skateboards are specially designed to perform some special styles.
Here we are mentioning the list of skating styles and the perfect equipment required.
Vert Street & Technical All-Rounder Longboard
Vert skaters who are also known as Pool and Bowl skaters, love to perform on ramps and other vertical structures, catching air and performing grabs and spin tricks. Recommendation: For vert skaters, the boards with unique nose and tail shape will be great. These will help you to add a little more style to your riding.
Street Skateboarding is fun and a lot of performers love this. The best thing about it is you start learning and performing and every day you have to perform something new. You need to master your foundation first otherwise, there are chances of serious injuries too. Recommendation: Try working with a standard “popsicle” shaped skateboard with a rounded nose and tail. The round shape board flips more naturally in the air during technical flip tricks.
An all-rounder skater is one who is ready to perform on any platform. You can call him an expert of every terrain. Recommendation: you should begin with a standard shaped skateboard that’s versatile and expand your board and hardware preferences as your skills progress.
Longboarding is very different and the requirements differ too. It is most commonly use as transportation ride as the unique design of these boards allows for a more fluid ride, with skaters making wide turns that resemble the movement of surfing or freeride snowboarding. The Longboards are available online in a variety of shapes and sizes. Recommendation: go with an affordable longboard as a beginner and then choose the best after having the right experience.
RIDER’S HEIGHT & WEIGHTYour height and weight does matters while buying a skateboard. Each board is designed with a well defined width, length and shapes to meet the needs of a certain category of rider, body size included. You must check the details mentioned by the manufacturer it will help you.
PRICE RANGE OF A SKATEBOARDPrice is not an issue when you have the best ride. But beginners do keep this in mind that starting with an affordable skateboard is the best practice. Every component is costly when you want to buy an original and best one. Branded boards are great as they come with a warranty and after sales services. Here I’m also going to include some FAQs about Skateboard.
We know you love skateboarding and hence we tried our best to clear your every possible doubt. Skateboarding is a great sport and full of adventure when you are on the right skateboard.There are a variety of skateboards available online and hence it very confusing to go with the best one. Our list (mentioned above) is prepared by keeping every prospect in mind.We are sure that our reviews will be helpful to you and you will try our recommendations. Don’t be upset if your skateboard is not in the list as the task was very difficult and we want to recommend the best products available online. Go with the recommendations and the steps mentioned and have an amazing skateboarding experience.